About Raleigh Employment Attorney William Barrett
My name is William Barrett. I am an attorney focused on labor and employment law with 26 years’ experience representing employers of all sizes and industries, executive teams and employees in all aspects of labor and employee relations, and with all civil rights statutes. I have extensive experience in daily counseling of HR professionals and operational management with hiring, firing, discipline and litigation risk avoidance. I have trial and appellate court experience before federal administrative agencies and State and Federal courts. I also have significant experience with collective bargaining and union contract arbitration.
I began my career as a trial attorney with the National Labor Relations Board in St. Louis, Missouri. After four years of work for the US government, I moved into private practice in North Carolina, where I have spent the last 22 years representing employers, but also numerous executives and individual employees in a large law firm environment.
I have specific experience in union avoidance and representation of companies before the NLRB, litigation of discrimination charges before the EEOC and federal courts. I counsel employers and executives on employment agreements, non-competition provisions, severance and compensation, and related issues.
Hungry for a new challenge, I have now founded my own boutique practice to leverage this experience at a better fee value for clients. Barrett law Offices, PLLC will concentrate its work on:
- Representation of employers in all areas of labor and employment law
- Representation of executives in compensation, severance and non-compete matters
- Third party workplace investigations of misconduct, harassment, and background checks
- Representation of interesting and carefully selected individuals in employment matters
- Veterans assistance with VA benefits and re-employment concerns
- Certified North Carolina Mediation